Atal Ranking Of Institutions On Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
News: President of India releases the India rankings – 2019 and the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements.
Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculties.
Major Indicators for consideration
Assessment of innovation and startup ecosystem in HEIs will be based on Seven parameters with certain weightages allocated as below.
• Budget, Expenses to Support & Revenue Generated (20 Marks)
• Infrastructures & Facilities to Support Innovations and Start-ups (10 Marks)
• Awareness Activities for Promoting Idea Generation and Innovation (20 Marks)
• Promotion and Supporting Entrepreneurship Development (20 Marks)
• Intellectual Property (IP) Generation, Technology Transfer and Commercialization (14 Marks)
• Innovative Learning Methods & Courses (10 Marks)
• Innovations in Governance of the Institution (6 Marks)
ARIIA ranking will certainly inspire Indian institutions to reorient their mind-set and build ecosystems to encourage high quality research, innovation and entrepreneurship. More than quantity, ARIIA will focus on quality of innovations and will try to measure the real impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally. Moreover, ARIIA will set tone and direction for institutions for future development for making them globally competitive and in forefront of innovation.